This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client is diagnosed with gram-negative sepsis. The nurse anticipates which of the following ... (Read 13 times)

javeds

A client is diagnosed with gram-negative sepsis. The nurse anticipates which of the following cephalosporin agents to be prescribed?

a. cefepime HCl c. amikacin
  b. cephalexin d. cefozolin sodium

Question 2

The nurse is teaching a client about the risk of antibiotic-resistant microorganism. Which response by the client indicates that more teaching is needed?

a. I will be sure to complete my entire prescription.
  b. I will be sure to avoid direct sunlight until my doxycycline prescription is finished.
  c. I will watch for itching or a rash while I am taking penicillin V.
  d. If this medication doesn't work within five days, I will quit taking it and make an appointment with my doctor.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Chocorrol77

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A

Feedback
A Correct: Cefepime HCl is a fourth-generation cephalosporin. Fourth-generation cephalosporins are used against gram-negative infections.
B Incorrect: Cephalexin is a first-generation cephalosporin used to treat gram-positive microorganisms.
C Incorrect: Amikacin is an aminoglycoside.
D Incorrect: Cefozolin sodium is a first-generation cephalosporin used to treat gram-positive microorganisms.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D

Feedback
A Incorrect: This is evidence of client understanding.
B Incorrect: This is evidence of client understanding.
C Incorrect: This is evidence of client understanding.
D Correct: Clients should not stop taking an antibiotic without the direction of their health care provider.

javeds

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

covalentbond

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates’s recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library