This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client is diagnosed with gram-negative sepsis. The nurse anticipates which of the following ... (Read 14 times)

javeds

A client is diagnosed with gram-negative sepsis. The nurse anticipates which of the following cephalosporin agents to be prescribed?

a. cefepime HCl c. amikacin
  b. cephalexin d. cefozolin sodium

Question 2

The nurse is teaching a client about the risk of antibiotic-resistant microorganism. Which response by the client indicates that more teaching is needed?

a. I will be sure to complete my entire prescription.
  b. I will be sure to avoid direct sunlight until my doxycycline prescription is finished.
  c. I will watch for itching or a rash while I am taking penicillin V.
  d. If this medication doesn't work within five days, I will quit taking it and make an appointment with my doctor.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Chocorrol77

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A

Feedback
A Correct: Cefepime HCl is a fourth-generation cephalosporin. Fourth-generation cephalosporins are used against gram-negative infections.
B Incorrect: Cephalexin is a first-generation cephalosporin used to treat gram-positive microorganisms.
C Incorrect: Amikacin is an aminoglycoside.
D Incorrect: Cefozolin sodium is a first-generation cephalosporin used to treat gram-positive microorganisms.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D

Feedback
A Incorrect: This is evidence of client understanding.
B Incorrect: This is evidence of client understanding.
C Incorrect: This is evidence of client understanding.
D Correct: Clients should not stop taking an antibiotic without the direction of their health care provider.

javeds

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
Gracias!

matt95

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Russia has the highest death rate from cardiovascular disease followed by the Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, and Poland.

Did you know?

Oxytocin is recommended only for pregnancies that have a medical reason for inducing labor (such as eclampsia) and is not recommended for elective procedures or for making the birthing process more convenient.

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

Colchicine is a highly poisonous alkaloid originally extracted from a type of saffron plant that is used mainly to treat gout.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library