This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient is taking warfarin (Coumadin) daily to prevent blood clots from forming in deep veins. ... (Read 118 times)

notis

A patient is taking warfarin (Coumadin) daily

to prevent blood clots from forming in deep veins. Which statement made by the patient indicates that more teaching is needed about this therapy?
  a. I have been eating more salads and other green, leafy vegetables to prevent constipation.
  b. I have been using acetaminophen (Tylenol) instead of aspirin for pain.
  c. Instead of a safety razor, I have been using an electric shaver.
  d. On hot days, I make sure to drink at least two quarts of water.

Question 2

Which part of the heart normally controls the heart rate?

a. Atrioventricular (AV) node
  b. His-Purkinje system
  c. Sinoatrial (SA) node
  d. Left ventricle

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

amynguyen1221

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C

notis

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Animal_Goddess

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

Did you know?

To combat osteoporosis, changes in lifestyle and diet are recommended. At-risk patients should include 1,200 to 1,500 mg of calcium daily either via dietary means or with supplements.

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

Earwax has antimicrobial properties that reduce the viability of bacteria and fungus in the human ear.

Did you know?

Tobacco depletes the body of vitamins A, C, and E, which can result in any of the following: dry hair, dry skin, dry eyes, poor growth, night blindness, abscesses, insomnia, fatigue, reproductive system problems, sinusitis, pneumonia, frequent respiratory problems, skin disorders, weight loss, rickets, osteomalacia, nervousness, muscle spasms, leg cramps, extremity numbness, bone malformations, decayed teeth, difficulty in walking, irritability, restlessness, profuse sweating, increased uric acid (gout), joint damage, damaged red blood cells, destruction of nerves, infertility, miscarriage, and many types of cancer.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library