This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Robustness in hypothesis testing means A) there are no departures from normality. B) the data is ... (Read 36 times)

shofmannx20

Robustness in hypothesis testing means

A) there are no departures from normality.
  B) the data is effected by outliers.
  C) departures from normality do not adversely affect the results.
  D) all processes can be exactly duplicated by selecting another pair of samples.

Question 2

The January 2005 Gallup Youth Survey telephoned a random sample of 1,028 U.S. teens and asked these teens to name their favorite movie from 2004.

Napoleon Dynamite had the highest percentage with 8 of teens ranking it as their favorite movie. Which is true?
  I. The population of interest is all U.S. teens.
  II. 8 is a statistic and not the actual percentage of all U.S. teens who would rank this movie as their favorite.
  III. This sampling design should provide a reasonably accurate estimate of the actual percentage of all U.S. teens who would rank this movie as their favorite.
  A) I only B) I and II C) III only D) II only E) I, II, and III

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tdewitt

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

E

shofmannx20

Reply 2 on: Jul 25, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

billybob123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Asthma occurs in one in 11 children and in one in 12 adults. African Americans and Latinos have a higher risk for developing asthma than other groups.

Did you know?

The average older adult in the United States takes five prescription drugs per day. Half of these drugs contain a sedative. Alcohol should therefore be avoided by most senior citizens because of the dangerous interactions between alcohol and sedatives.

Did you know?

Walt Disney helped combat malaria by making an animated film in 1943 called The Winged Scourge. This short film starred the seven dwarfs and taught children that mosquitos transmit malaria, which is a very bad disease. It advocated the killing of mosquitos to stop the disease.

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library