This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Robustness in hypothesis testing means A) there are no departures from normality. B) the data is ... (Read 35 times)

shofmannx20

Robustness in hypothesis testing means

A) there are no departures from normality.
  B) the data is effected by outliers.
  C) departures from normality do not adversely affect the results.
  D) all processes can be exactly duplicated by selecting another pair of samples.

Question 2

The January 2005 Gallup Youth Survey telephoned a random sample of 1,028 U.S. teens and asked these teens to name their favorite movie from 2004.

Napoleon Dynamite had the highest percentage with 8 of teens ranking it as their favorite movie. Which is true?
  I. The population of interest is all U.S. teens.
  II. 8 is a statistic and not the actual percentage of all U.S. teens who would rank this movie as their favorite.
  III. This sampling design should provide a reasonably accurate estimate of the actual percentage of all U.S. teens who would rank this movie as their favorite.
  A) I only B) I and II C) III only D) II only E) I, II, and III

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tdewitt

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

E

shofmannx20

Reply 2 on: Jul 25, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

apple

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

Did you know?

Carbamazepine can interfere with the results of home pregnancy tests. If you are taking carbamazepine, do not try to test for pregnancy at home.

Did you know?

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products. It is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

Nearly 31 million adults in America have a total cholesterol level that is more than 240 mg per dL.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library