Author Question: The __________ moon is visible above the western horizon a couple of hours before sunrise. a. ... (Read 104 times)

The __________ moon is visible above the western horizon a couple of hours before sunrise.

a. waning gibbous
  b. waxing gibbous
  c. waxing crescent
  d. waning crescent
  e. new moon

Question 2

Red giant stars are I. more luminous than the sun. II. larger in diameter than the sun. III. cooler than B stars. IV. located above the main sequence stars in the H-R diagram.

a. I & II
  b. II & IV
  c. I, II, & IV
  d. II, III, & IV
  e. I, II, III, & IV

sokh

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

E

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Barbituric acid, the base material of barbiturates, was first synthesized in 1863 by Adolph von Bayer. His company later went on to synthesize aspirin for the first time, and Bayer aspirin is still a popular brand today.

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

The immune system needs 9.5 hours of sleep in total darkness to recharge completely.

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library