This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What is the best time to see the corona? Why is it so faint, if it is so hot? What will be an ... (Read 55 times)

jon_i

What is the best time to see the corona? Why is it so faint, if it is so hot?

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

If we could watch spiral arms from a telescope situated above the Milky Way over 500 million years, what would we see happen?

A) Stars will move through the spiral arms, bunching up closer as they pass through. Young hot stars will form and die within the arms before having a chance to move out.
  B) The spiral arms will eventually unwind, as centripetal forces send the stars flying outwards into intergalactic space.
  C) The spiral arms will eventually dissipate and fade away, since they are a temporary phenomenon that should only last for a million years or so.
  D) The spiral arms will seem to wind up, to wrap more and more tightly around the center of the Galaxy.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

guyanai

Answer to Question 1

In a total solar eclipse, the faint corona is seen briefly. It is so hot that most of its energy is X-rays, not light, and it is much less dense than the photosphere.

Answer to Question 2

A

jon_i

Reply 2 on: Jul 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

tranoy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

Did you know?

Hip fractures are the most serious consequences of osteoporosis. The incidence of hip fractures increases with each decade among patients in their 60s to patients in their 90s for both women and men of all populations. Men and women older than 80 years of age show the highest incidence of hip fractures.

Did you know?

According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, more than 50 million Americans have some kind of food allergy. Food allergies affect between 4 and 6% of children, and 4% of adults, according to the CDC. The most common food allergies include shellfish, peanuts, walnuts, fish, eggs, milk, and soy.

Did you know?

Russia has the highest death rate from cardiovascular disease followed by the Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, and Poland.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library