Author Question: Two parallel wires carry the a current I in the same direction. Midway between these wires is a ... (Read 54 times)

jon_i

Two parallel wires carry the a current I in the same direction. Midway between these wires is a third wire, also parallel to the other two, which carries a current 0.5 I, but in the direction opposite from the first two wires. In which direction are the net forces on the outer wires?
 a. Both forces are toward the center wire.
  b. Since the net forces are zero, there is no direction.
  c. Both forces are away from the center wire.
  d. Both forces on the two wires are in the same direction in space.

Question 2

Spherical particles of density 3.0 g/cm3 are shaken in a container of water (viscosity = 1.0  10-3 Ns/m3). The water is 8.0 cm deep and is allowed to stand for 30 minutes. What is the radius of the largest particles still in suspension at that time?
 a. 4.5  10-6 m
  c. 2.6  10-6 m
  b. 9.0  10-6 m
  d. 5.6  10-6 m

eliasc0401

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

C