Author Question: Two parallel wires carry the a current I in the same direction. Midway between these wires is a ... (Read 63 times)

jon_i

Two parallel wires carry the a current I in the same direction. Midway between these wires is a third wire, also parallel to the other two, which carries a current 0.5 I, but in the direction opposite from the first two wires. In which direction are the net forces on the outer wires?
 a. Both forces are toward the center wire.
  b. Since the net forces are zero, there is no direction.
  c. Both forces are away from the center wire.
  d. Both forces on the two wires are in the same direction in space.

Question 2

Spherical particles of density 3.0 g/cm3 are shaken in a container of water (viscosity = 1.0  10-3 Ns/m3). The water is 8.0 cm deep and is allowed to stand for 30 minutes. What is the radius of the largest particles still in suspension at that time?
 a. 4.5  10-6 m
  c. 2.6  10-6 m
  b. 9.0  10-6 m
  d. 5.6  10-6 m

eliasc0401

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

C

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

Did you know?

The effects of organophosphate poisoning are referred to by using the abbreviations “SLUD” or “SLUDGE,” It stands for: salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, GI upset, and emesis.

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library