Author Question: Two parallel wires carry the a current I in the same direction. Midway between these wires is a ... (Read 66 times)

jon_i

Two parallel wires carry the a current I in the same direction. Midway between these wires is a third wire, also parallel to the other two, which carries a current 0.5 I, but in the direction opposite from the first two wires. In which direction are the net forces on the outer wires?
 a. Both forces are toward the center wire.
  b. Since the net forces are zero, there is no direction.
  c. Both forces are away from the center wire.
  d. Both forces on the two wires are in the same direction in space.

Question 2

Spherical particles of density 3.0 g/cm3 are shaken in a container of water (viscosity = 1.0  10-3 Ns/m3). The water is 8.0 cm deep and is allowed to stand for 30 minutes. What is the radius of the largest particles still in suspension at that time?
 a. 4.5  10-6 m
  c. 2.6  10-6 m
  b. 9.0  10-6 m
  d. 5.6  10-6 m

eliasc0401

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

C

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

Did you know?

About one in five American adults and teenagers have had a genital herpes infection—and most of them don't know it. People with genital herpes have at least twice the risk of becoming infected with HIV if exposed to it than those people who do not have genital herpes.

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

Did you know?

To combat osteoporosis, changes in lifestyle and diet are recommended. At-risk patients should include 1,200 to 1,500 mg of calcium daily either via dietary means or with supplements.

Did you know?

There can actually be a 25-hour time difference between certain locations in the world. The International Date Line passes between the islands of Samoa and American Samoa. It is not a straight line, but "zig-zags" around various island chains. Therefore, Samoa and nearby islands have one date, while American Samoa and nearby islands are one day behind. Daylight saving time is used in some islands, but not in others—further shifting the hours out of sync with natural time.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library