This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A very long wire lies in a plane with a short wire segment. The long wire carries current I, while ... (Read 463 times)

Chelseaamend

A very long wire lies in a plane with a short wire segment. The long wire carries current I, while the short wire of length L carries current i. The two wires are parallel to each other. Which of the following statements are true?

A. The direction of the magnetic force exerted by the long wire on the short wire is directed away from the long wire.
   B. The magnitude of the force on the short wire is 0IiL/2d.
   C. The long wire experiences a force of exactly the same magnitude as the force experienced by the short wire.

1.A only
  2.B only
  3.C only
  4.A and B
  5.A and C
  6.B and C
  7.A, B, and C
  8.None of them are true

Question 2

Consider a long thin straight wire with a current I. Which of the following statements about the magnetic field lines is true?

A. Field lines are parallel to the wire.
   B. Field lines are perpendicular to the wire.
   C. Field lines are directed radially away from the wire.
   D. Field lines are circles centered on any point on the wire.

1.A only
  2.B only
  3.C only
  4.D only
  5.A and C only
  6.B and D only
  7.B and C only
  8.None of them is true.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

brittanywood

Answer to Question 1

Answer to Question 2

Chelseaamend

Reply 2 on: Jul 28, 2018
Gracias!

Animal_Goddess

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

Only 12 hours after an egg cell is fertilized by a sperm cell, the egg cell starts to divide. As it continues to divide, it moves along the fallopian tube toward the uterus at about 1 inch per day.

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library