This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When your best friend gets divorced, her mother tells her, I'm sorry for you, but I knew this would ... (Read 14 times)

skymedlock

When your best friend gets divorced, her mother tells her, I'm sorry for you, but I knew this would eventually happen. You were never really right for each other. This is an example of the:

a) framing effect.
   b) availability heuristic.
   c) hindsight bias.
   d) illusory correlation.

Question 2

Hastie, Shkade & Payne (1999) looked at the hindsight bias in the context of (mock) civil litigation.

In a foresight condition, participants were told that a dangerous situation was developing along a railroad line, and given an extensive set of facts, were then asked to estimate the forseeability of an accident. In the hindsight condition, participants were given the same set of facts, but were told that the accident had already occurred. They were also asked to predict the forseeability of the accident. Participants in the hindsight condition were more likely than those in the foresight condition to judge the defendant as:
   a) liable.
   b) reckless.
   c) disregarding grave risk.
   d) all of the above.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

voltaire123

Answer to Question 1

Answer: c

Answer to Question 2

Answer: d

skymedlock

Reply 2 on: Jun 20, 2018
:D TYSM

ghepp

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

Did you know?

The lipid bilayer is made of phospholipids. They are arranged in a double layer because one of their ends is attracted to water while the other is repelled by water.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library