Author Question: Briefly describe the contents of DSM-IV Axis II entries in your case notes. What will be an ideal ... (Read 19 times)

fox

Briefly describe the contents of DSM-IV Axis II entries in your case notes.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Briefly describe the contents of DSM-IV Axis I entries in your case notes.

What will be an ideal response?

ApricotDream

Answer to Question 1

Answer:
Personality disorders and mental retardation. On Axis II are the more lasting and intractable problems of mental retardation and personality disorders. There is a code for the absence of these problems as well. The reason for a separate axis for these problems is that they may consistently underlie many Axis I difficulties, and the diagnosis should indicate that you think there is an underlying personality pattern or retardation.

Answer to Question 2

Answer:
Clinical disorders and other conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention. On Axis I, all mental diagnoses except personality disorders and mental retardation are coded along with the severity of the problem. The principal diagnosis or reason for the visit comes first, but you can list several diagnoses after that. Most people that you see in community practice have Axis I diagnoses.