This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Client: I have worked at the same job for ten years. I know I'll never be promoted, and even if I ... (Read 126 times)

mp14

Client: I have worked at the same job for ten years. I know I'll never be promoted, and even if I were, I am sure I wouldn't like any new job I might get. My work life and personal life are like two small boxes that I exist in and can never escape. I can't even imagine what life outside of these boxes would look like.

Helper: Why not try? What do you think life outside those boxes might look like?

In the vignette above, what is the helper trying to do in asking the client to imagine new alternatives to an unsatisfying life?

A. Help the client to imagine new steps to take to get a new job
  B. Help the client to imagine new possible selves
  C. Help the client to imagine new possible relationships
  D. Help the client to imagine new ways of achieving a richer personal life

Question 2

Which of the following is the best description of design thinking?

A. thinking that highlights creativity in the search for solutions
  B. a hard-edged contribution to the helping professions
  C. thinking that starts with context and works towards a solution
  D. a process that focuses on the present rather than the future