This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: COUNSELOR: Id like to stop for a moment and take a look at whats happening right now between you and ... (Read 31 times)

ahriuashd

COUNSELOR: Id like to stop for a moment and take a look at whats happening right now between you and me.
  AGNES: Im not sure what you mean.
  COUNSELOR: Well, our conversation today started out quite lively, and now it seems rather subdued. Ive noticed that the muscles in my shoulders have become tense. I sometimes tense up that way when I feel that I might have said something wrong. It could be just me, but I sense that things are a bit strained between us right now.
  AGNES: (hesitating) Well, a little....

This interaction between helper and client reflects which of the following?

A. Event-focused immediacy
  B. Here-and-now immediacy
  C. Challenging by addressing issues that come up in the helping relationship itself
  D. All of these

Question 2

Which of the following is true?

A. Helpers can learn something about themselves by being sensitive to the give-and-take within the helping sessions
  B. When counseling takes place in a group, the opportunity to learn about interpersonal styles is diminished.
  C. The relationship between helper and client always corrects the interpersonal problems experienced by the client
  D. A clients interpersonal style must be challenged in order for the client to grow

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

juwms

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A

ahriuashd

Reply 2 on: Jul 30, 2018
:D TYSM

fatboyy09

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

Did you know?

Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness. As of yet, there is no cure. Everyone is at risk, and there may be no warning signs. It is six to eight times more common in African Americans than in whites. The best and most effective way to detect glaucoma is to receive a dilated eye examination.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library