Author Question: Beverages that contain substances that decrease absorption of calcium include a. tea. b. milk. ... (Read 36 times)

Cooldude101

Beverages that contain substances that decrease absorption of calcium include

a. tea.
  b. milk.
  c. orange juice.
  d. bottled water.

Question 2

The father and child were playing soccer on a warm day. The child became dehydrated and was taken to the emergency department. The parents are discussing the situation with the nurse.

Which of the following statements by the father indicates that adequate learning has occurred? 1. I lose a lot more heat than my child can because of my body size.. 2. My child doesn't sweat as much as I do.. 3. Children always have a higher normal temperature than adults, so they're more prone to overheating.. 4. I can take more air into my lungs than my child can, and I get rid of a lot more heat that way..

shayla

Answer to Question 1

A
Tea contains oxalic acid and tannins, both of which decrease absorption of calcium. Milk con-tains lactose and vitamin D which increase calcium absorption. Orange juice and bottled water do not have a significant positive or negative effect on calcium absorption.

Answer to Question 2

2 Rationale: Children have a greater surface area relative to their body mass when compared to adults. They lose and gain heat more easily than adults. Children produce more heat during exercise than adults and they are unable to sweat as much. Sweating allows for heat dissipation. Children don't necessarily always have higher body temperatures than adults. Heat can be dissipated with breathing, but sweating is the best way to dissipate heat.