This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 28-year-old obese client is seen at the community clinic for hypertension. When she arrived ... (Read 15 times)

humphriesbr@me.com

A 28-year-old obese client is seen at the community clinic for hypertension.

When she arrived today, she told the nurse that she is starting a diet and has purchased a weight loss supplement guaranteed to help her lose 15 pounds in one week or her purchase price will be refunded. She feels that, although the product was very expensive, it is worth trying because they will refund her money. The best response for the nurse would be: 1. Have you considered attending a program like Weight Watchers that provides support and nutritional counseling?
   2. It sounds like you have nothing to loose if they will refund your money..
   3. I don't believe anyone can lose 15 pounds in one week..
   4. If it works maybe I'll try it too..

Question 2

The nurse is aware that making the decision to lower calorie intake requires a two-pronged approach. What is one of them?

A) Increasing activity level C) Eating less sweets
  B) Eating more carbohydrates D) Eating more grains and breads

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

peilian

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: The most effective weight loss programs are based on nutritional counseling and personal support and focus on diet and exercise to lose weight slowly. Claims for fast weight loss are not valid and may cause serious health problems. Offering the client a healthy alternative in a nonjudgmental way would be the best response in this situation.

Answer to Question 2

C
It is important to substitute healthy choices for calorie-dense items such as sweets. This lowers calorie intake while increasing nutrient intake.

humphriesbr@me.com

Both answers were spot on, thank you once again

peilian

Did you know?

In 1864, the first barbiturate (barbituric acid) was synthesized.

Did you know?

Malaria was not eliminated in the United States until 1951. The term eliminated means that no new cases arise in a country for 3 years.

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

Did you know?

Although puberty usually occurs in the early teenage years, the world's youngest parents were two Chinese children who had their first baby when they were 8 and 9 years of age.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library