This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: It is necessary to restrict protein intake in clients diagnosed with certain disease processes, such ... (Read 9 times)

SO00

It is necessary to restrict protein intake in clients diagnosed with certain disease processes, such as clients in renal failure who are unable to excrete nitrogenous wastes. What other disease process necessitates a protein-restricted diet?

A) Pancreatitis C) Severe liver disease
  B) Congestive heart failure D) Diabetes mellitus

Question 2

The nurse has been teaching a client about complementary proteins. Which of the following statements indicates that additional teaching is needed? Select all that apply.

1. I should eat a combination of meat and plant protein each day..
   2. Eggs are the best source of complementary protein..
   3. If I use combinations of incomplete proteins I will have the amino acids I need..
   4. Many vegetarians use complementary proteins to meet protein needs..
   5. Using complementary proteins is another way to figure out how to get adequate protein..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

succesfull

Answer to Question 1

C
Protein restriction is used for people with severe liver disease and those with renal failure who are unable to excrete nitrogenous wastes. There is no physiologic reason to restrict protein intake in the other disease processes.

Answer to Question 2

1, I should eat a combination of meat and plant protein each day.. 2, Eggs are the best source of complementary protein..
Rationale: Meat contains complete proteins so do not need to be complemented with other sources of protein to ensure adequate intake of essential amino acids. In response to the client's statement that a combination of meat and protein should be consumed daily, the nurse would need to reinforce the difference between sources of complete and incomplete protein. Eggs contain complete protein so do not need to be complemented with other sources of protein to ensure adequate intake of essential amino acids. The nurse would need to reinforce the difference between sources of complete and incomplete protein. Combinations of incomplete proteins consumed over the course of a day can insure adequate protein intake by the combining of amino acids. Many vegetarians skillfully and creatively combine incomplete proteins to meet dietary needs. It is not necessary to consume complete proteins to meet dietary needs, so complementary proteins are another method to ensure adequate protein intake over the course of a day.

SO00

Reply 2 on: Aug 2, 2018
:D TYSM

debra928

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Human stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve small pieces of metal such as razor blades or staples.

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

Did you know?

No drugs are available to relieve parathyroid disease. Parathyroid disease is caused by a parathyroid tumor, and it needs to be removed by surgery.

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library