This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is talking to a third-grade class about protein digestion during a nutrition class. The ... (Read 67 times)

deesands

The nurse is talking to a third-grade class about protein digestion during a nutrition class. The nurse explains that the principal site of protein digestion is where?

A) Mouth B) Stomach C) Small intestine D) Large intestine

Question 2

The nurse knows teaching about essential and nonessential amino acids has been effective when the client states:

1. I need to avoid fatty fish..
   2. Nonessential amino acids are not important..
   3. Essential amino acids must come from dietary sources..
   4. As long as I consume nitrogen from any source I will have all the amino acids I need..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

katkat_flores

Answer to Question 1

C
Most protein digestion occurs in the small intestine.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Essential amino acids are those that cannot be synthesized by the body and must come from food sources. Fatty fish is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids which must not be confused with amino acids. Nonessential amino acids are important; however, they can be synthesized by the body as needed. Nitrogen is present in all amino acids, essential and nonessential.

deesands

Reply 2 on: Aug 2, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

aruss1303

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

Did you know?

There are immediate benefits of chiropractic adjustments that are visible via magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). It shows that spinal manipulation therapy is effective in decreasing pain and increasing the gaps between the vertebrae, reducing pressure that leads to pain.

Did you know?

Essential fatty acids have been shown to be effective against ulcers, asthma, dental cavities, and skin disorders such as acne.

Did you know?

More than 30% of American adults, and about 12% of children utilize health care approaches that were developed outside of conventional medicine.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library