This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: If a mine worker was trapped in a mine and it took several days for a rescue team to reach them, the ... (Read 82 times)

ENagel

If a mine worker was trapped in a mine and it took several days for a rescue team to reach them, the nutrient that they would need most in order to survive is

a. protein.
  b. carbohydrate.
  c. water.
  d. vitamins.

Question 2

The nurse is assessing the pregnant client for the risk of developing gestational diabetes. When should women who are at high risk for gestational diabetes be screened for the disease?

A) Between 24 and 28 weeks' gestation
  B) Before or shortly after conception
  C) At 36 weeks' gestation
  D) At about 40 weeks' gestation

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

isabelt_18

Answer to Question 1

C
The body can only survive a few days without water. The body may not function optimally without other nutrients, but can survive many days and even weeks without them.

Answer to Question 2

B
Women at average risk of gestational diabetes should be tested at 24 to 28 weeks gestation; those at high risk should be tested as soon as feasible and retested at 24 to 28 weeks if not diagnosed at the initial screening.

ENagel

Both answers were spot on, thank you once again

Did you know?

As of mid-2016, 18.2 million people were receiving advanced retroviral therapy (ART) worldwide. This represents between 43–50% of the 34–39.8 million people living with HIV.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

The top 10 most important tips that will help you grow old gracefully include (1) quit smoking, (2) keep your weight down, (3) take supplements, (4) skip a meal each day or fast 1 day per week, (5) get a pet, (6) get medical help for chronic pain, (7) walk regularly, (8) reduce arguments, (9) put live plants in your living space, and (10) do some weight training.

Did you know?

Human stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve small pieces of metal such as razor blades or staples.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library