This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Suppose that a male friend of yours tells you, Well, no wonder I can't really understand what my ... (Read 13 times)

imowrer

Suppose that a male friend of yours tells you, Well, no wonder I can't really understand what my girlfriend is trying to tell me. After all, men and women kind of come from different planets Your best reply would be

a. You are correct; the gender differences in communication are large..
  b. You are correct; the gender differences aren't enormous, but these differences have been observed in almost every component of communication..
  c. You are not correct; there are some gender differences, but these differences typically depend on specific details of the situation..
  d. You are not correct, because the research shows that men and women are virtually identical in the way they communicate..

Question 2

According to the material in Chapter 6, the gender differences in social interactions are largest

a. when other people are present.
  b. when the situation emphasizes factors other than gender, such as work roles.
  c. when we are doing something routine, which we have done numerous times in the past.
  d. when we are talking about positive emotions, rather than negative emotions.