This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Suppose that a male friend of yours tells you, Well, no wonder I can't really understand what my ... (Read 14 times)

imowrer

Suppose that a male friend of yours tells you, Well, no wonder I can't really understand what my girlfriend is trying to tell me. After all, men and women kind of come from different planets Your best reply would be

a. You are correct; the gender differences in communication are large..
  b. You are correct; the gender differences aren't enormous, but these differences have been observed in almost every component of communication..
  c. You are not correct; there are some gender differences, but these differences typically depend on specific details of the situation..
  d. You are not correct, because the research shows that men and women are virtually identical in the way they communicate..

Question 2

According to the material in Chapter 6, the gender differences in social interactions are largest

a. when other people are present.
  b. when the situation emphasizes factors other than gender, such as work roles.
  c. when we are doing something routine, which we have done numerous times in the past.
  d. when we are talking about positive emotions, rather than negative emotions.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

missalyssa26

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

A

imowrer

Reply 2 on: Jun 21, 2018
:D TYSM

frankwu0507

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

Did you know?

There are approximately 3 million unintended pregnancies in the United States each year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library