This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Family Channel and Bullying.org want to change a public's behavior. What does public relations ... (Read 16 times)

bcretired

Family Channel and Bullying.org want to change a public's behavior. What does public relations research say about their chances of success?

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Could the controversial A&F catalog actually have been a good public relations tactic? After all, it brought a great deal of media attention to the retailer and its catalog.

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

xoxo123

Answer to Question 1

Chapter Eight cites IABC Research Foundation research indicating that,
although public relations programs can indeed change behavior, success is
unlikely in the short term.

Answer to Question 2

This argument is the essence of what is known as press agentry. P.T. Barnum
used to say, I don't care what you write about me as long as you spell my name right. However, we doubt that the officials of Exxon feel that way. The Exxon
Valdez fiasco brought a great deal of media attention to the company and its
products. True, A&F's marketing blunder did put the catalog in the national
spotlight -- but a more successful marketing effort would have done so without the
accompanying negative publicity.

bcretired

Reply 2 on: Aug 11, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

zacnyjessica

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

Did you know?

As many as 28% of hospitalized patients requiring mechanical ventilators to help them breathe (for more than 48 hours) will develop ventilator-associated pneumonia. Current therapy involves intravenous antibiotics, but new antibiotics that can be inhaled (and more directly treat the infection) are being developed.

Did you know?

Cocaine was isolated in 1860 and first used as a local anesthetic in 1884. Its first clinical use was by Sigmund Freud to wean a patient from morphine addiction. The fictional character Sherlock Holmes was supposed to be addicted to cocaine by injection.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library