This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Compare and contrast Part I and Part II crimes of the UCR Reports. Part I offenses are crimes ... (Read 98 times)

mynx

Compare and contrast Part I and Part II crimes of the UCR Reports. Part I offenses are crimes reported by the FBI in the UCR and include murder,

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

What is meant by the dark figure of crime? Are there sources that help to reveal this dark figure? o The dark figure of crime is a term used to describe the actual amount of crime

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Beatricemm

Answer to Question 1

o rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny, and motor vehicle theft.

o Part I offenses are measured because of their seriousness and frequency.
o They give the FBI the crime picture in the United States.
o The majority of Part I offenses committed are property crimes.
o Part II offenses include misdemeanors and felonies.
o Part II offenses far outweigh Part I offenses.
o Part II offenses are only measured by arrest data.
Part II offenses include drug abuse violations, driving under the influence, fraud,
o vandalism, prostitution, gambling, and many more.

Answer to Question 2

that takes place.
o The figure is dark, or impossible to detect, because a great number of crimes
are never reported to the police.
o Victim surveys help reveal the actual amount of crime that occurs, but may not be reported to police.
For reasons of shame, embarrassment, lack of knowledge about the crime, or fear

o of reprisal, a victim may not report a crime to police, thus causing the dark figure of crime to exist.
o Higher victimization rates are revealed through victimization surveys than through the UCR, indicating the existence of the dark figure of crime.

mynx

Reply 2 on: Aug 17, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

softEldritch

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

Did you know?

Patients who have undergone chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer often complain of a lack of mental focus; memory loss; and a general diminution in abilities such as multitasking, attention span, and general mental agility.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

The most common childhood diseases include croup, chickenpox, ear infections, flu, pneumonia, ringworm, respiratory syncytial virus, scabies, head lice, and asthma.

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library