This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Compare and contrast Part I and Part II crimes of the UCR Reports. Part I offenses are crimes ... (Read 108 times)

mynx

Compare and contrast Part I and Part II crimes of the UCR Reports. Part I offenses are crimes reported by the FBI in the UCR and include murder,

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

What is meant by the dark figure of crime? Are there sources that help to reveal this dark figure? o The dark figure of crime is a term used to describe the actual amount of crime

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Beatricemm

Answer to Question 1

o rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny, and motor vehicle theft.

o Part I offenses are measured because of their seriousness and frequency.
o They give the FBI the crime picture in the United States.
o The majority of Part I offenses committed are property crimes.
o Part II offenses include misdemeanors and felonies.
o Part II offenses far outweigh Part I offenses.
o Part II offenses are only measured by arrest data.
Part II offenses include drug abuse violations, driving under the influence, fraud,
o vandalism, prostitution, gambling, and many more.

Answer to Question 2

that takes place.
o The figure is dark, or impossible to detect, because a great number of crimes
are never reported to the police.
o Victim surveys help reveal the actual amount of crime that occurs, but may not be reported to police.
For reasons of shame, embarrassment, lack of knowledge about the crime, or fear

o of reprisal, a victim may not report a crime to police, thus causing the dark figure of crime to exist.
o Higher victimization rates are revealed through victimization surveys than through the UCR, indicating the existence of the dark figure of crime.

mynx

Reply 2 on: Aug 17, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Missbam101

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

People with alcoholism are at a much greater risk of malnutrition than are other people and usually exhibit low levels of most vitamins (especially folic acid). This is because alcohol often takes the place of 50% of their daily intake of calories, with little nutritional value contained in it.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library