Author Question: List Ivey's four key components of attending behavior. ... (Read 19 times)

vinney12

List Ivey's four key components of attending behavior.

Question 2

Maggie is a 34-year-old mom of two children. She was told by her physician that she needs her gallbladder removed. Maggie panics and calls her mother saying, Mom, I can't believe I have to have my liver removed How am I going to live without my liver?? You have to have a liver to survive and the doctor wants to remove it Her mother tells her to calm down and discuss what is going on. She soon realizes that Maggie's liver is fine, but her gallbladder needs to be removed. All of the following are functions of the liver except:
 a. converting excess glucose to glycogen.
  b. converting excess carbohydrates into fat.
  c. detoxifying drugs and alcohol.
  d. secreting the majority of digestive enzymes.

Mollythedog

Answer to Question 1

Eye contact. Look at your client during dialogs. Refrain from staring, and permit natural breaks.
 Attentive body language. In North American culture, this generally means a slight forward trunk lean with a calm, flexible posture, and an empathetic facial expression..
 Vocal style. Speech rate, volume, and tone should indicate concern.
 Verbal following. Give brief verbal and nonverbal responses, such as nods or an occasional Hmm-hmm or Yes, I see..

Answer to Question 2

d