This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Define competitive foods. What is the impact of the sale of these foods during lunch ... (Read 21 times)

MirandaLo

Define competitive foods. What is the impact of the sale of these foods during lunch times?

Question 2

Describe three levels of community intervention and provide an example of each.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kxciann

Answer to Question 1

Competitive foods are foods sold in competition with USDA school meals through cafeteria  la carte sales, vending machines, school stores, or snack bars. For many schools, the sale of competitive foods represents additional income.

Answer to Question 2

Level I interventions focus on increasing awareness of a health or nutritional topic or problem. Examples of Level I interventions include health fairs, health screenings, flyers, posters, table tents, Internet websites, special events, media announcements, health claims on food labels, and legislation.
Level II interventions are designed to help participants make lifestyle changes. Examples of Level II interventions include one-on-one counseling, small-group sessions, fitness programs in schools, health promotion programs for city employees, company incentives for employees who join local fitness clubs, and formation of a community-based wellness committee.
Level III interventions work toward creating environments that support the behavior changes made by individuals. Examples of Level III interventions include worksite cafeteria programs, peer leadership, municipal policy that supports food gleaning, point-of-purchase labeling, tax incentives for companies with health promotion programs, Medicare coverage of medical nutrition therapy, school policy, and legislation.

MirandaLo

Reply 2 on: Aug 21, 2018
Gracias!

amandalm

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

Did you know?

The heart is located in the center of the chest, with part of it tipped slightly so that it taps against the left side of the chest.

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library