Author Question: Mr. Sanchez, a 52-year-old male, is being discharged from the hospital. He participates freely in ... (Read 6 times)

segrsyd

Mr. Sanchez, a 52-year-old male, is being discharged from the hospital. He participates freely in the discussion during discharge instructions for managing type 2 diabetes. Which statement indicates some understanding of his nutrition plan?
 a. I should avoid dried beans and peas because they have too much starch.
  b. Green peas and green beans are both in the vegetable exchange group.
  c. Sausage won't make my blood sugar go up but it will clog my arteries.
  d. If I don't want to drink 8 oz. of skim milk, I can drink 4 oz. of whole milk instead.

Question 2

Mrs. Filbert, age 56, has been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. During discharge instruction, she makes a number of statements. Which one indicates some understanding of her diabetes management?
 a. If my blood glucose is between 100 and 180 mg/dL, I should not exercise.
  b. If I eat high-fat foods, my blood sugars will be elevated.
  c. Drinking diet soda made with aspartame won't increase my blood sugar.
  d. Red beans can be exchanged for broccoli on my diet.

miss.ashley

Answer to Question 1

c

Answer to Question 2

c