This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An iron mine produces 1.67 104 tons of raw ore per day. If the ore is 26.39 elemental iron, the ... (Read 29 times)

Collmarie

An iron mine produces 1.67  104 tons of raw ore per day. If the ore is 26.39 elemental iron, the mine produces ________ pounds of elemental iron per year. (Assume the mine operates 365 days per year.)

A) 1.221  1010
  B) 8.814  106
  C) 3.217  109
  D) 1.611  106
  E) 3.66  1011

Question 2

Crystalline solids ________.

A) have their particles arranged randomly
  B) have highly ordered structures
  C) are usually very soft
  D) exist only at high temperatures
  E) exist only at very low temperatures

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

randomguy133

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

B

Did you know?

There are 20 feet of blood vessels in each square inch of human skin.

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

Did you know?

Vaccines prevent between 2.5 and 4 million deaths every year.

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

Did you know?

The shortest mature adult human of whom there is independent evidence was Gul Mohammed in India. In 1990, he was measured in New Delhi and stood 22.5 inches tall.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library