This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A psychologist describes a patient as showing certain cognitive symptoms associated with depressive ... (Read 30 times)

kodithompson

A psychologist describes a patient as showing certain cognitive symptoms associated with depressive reactions. Which patient is being described?

a. Rachel, who is apathetic, anxious, and socially withdrawn
 b. Megan, who has a negative view of herself, her present experiences, and her future expectations
 c. Kate, who is crying, easily fatigued, and moves very slowly
 d. Wendy, who has physiological impairments in her nervous system, gastrointestinal system, and immune system

Question 2

Harold says, I cry for hours and feel a profound sense of loss. I experience no joy, but I can still see a positive future for myself. I know I am competent; I just feel very sad all the time. If Harold is experiencing depression, he illustrates ____.

a. none of the cognitive signs but many of the emotional ones
  b. most of the cognitive and emotional signs
 c. most of the behavioral signs but none of the emotional ones
  d. none of the emotional signs but many of the cognitive ones

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jesse.fleming

Answer to Question 1

b

Answer to Question 2

a

kodithompson

Reply 2 on: Jun 22, 2018
Excellent

LVPMS

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions cause a higher risk of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

It is believed that humans initially contracted crabs from gorillas about 3 million years ago from either sleeping in gorilla nests or eating the apes.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library