This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: People diagnosed with schizophrenia are randomly assigned to either an attention-training group or a ... (Read 27 times)

HCHenry

People diagnosed with schizophrenia are randomly assigned to either an attention-training group or a social skills training group. Equal numbers of males and females were in each training group.

Scores on a measure of thought disorder, a prominent symptom in schizophrenia, were examined after the end of the training sessions. In addition, there was a no-schizophrenia group. This study was a(n) ________________ design.

a) Mixed
  b) Pure experiment
  c) Correlational
  d) Epidemiological

Question 2

Which of the following statements is most likely to come from a depressed person living in the United States, according to Beck's theory?

a) The world is going to hell in a hand basket.
  b) Our country has never been the same since the attack on Iraq, and never will be as respected by the world again.
  c) I will never be able to figure out how to do my job the way my boss wants me to.
  d) All of the above are typical examples of the thought processes of depressed individuals in Beck's view.