This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Describe Raynaud's phenomenon. What will be an ideal response?[br][br][b][color=black]Question ... (Read 22 times)

Yolanda

Describe Raynaud's phenomenon.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

What are some the possible mechanisms underlying the beneficial effect of handwarming on migraines?

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jjorrostieta

Answer to Question 1

Raynaud's phenomenon (RP) involves spasms (vasoconstriction) of the arteries and arterioles of the fingers and toes. The spasms, typically induced by cold exposure or emotional stress, cause reduced blood flow to the area, which leads first to skin blanching (i.e., reduced coloration), then cyanosis (i.e., a bluish color due to lack of oxygen), and finally redness upon reperfusion (i.e., blood restoration) of the digits. Spasmodic episodes may last minutes or hours and may involve burning or cold sensations in the affected areas.

Answer to Question 2

Possible mechanisms include changes in blood flow, the central nervous system, the autonomic nervous system, or neurotransmitters disrupting the migraine's pathophysiology.

Yolanda

Reply 2 on: Jun 22, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

DylanD1323

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

Did you know?

ACTH levels are normally highest in the early morning (between 6 and 8 A.M.) and lowest in the evening (between 6 and 11 P.M.). Therefore, a doctor who suspects abnormal levels looks for low ACTH in the morning and high ACTH in the evening.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library