Author Question: Which of the following is NOT a reason why being in a good mood tends to increase prosocial ... (Read 31 times)

RRMR

Which of the following is NOT a reason why being in a good mood tends to increase prosocial behavior?

a. Good moods make us view situations more positively, and thus we are more likely to give people the benefit of the doubt.
  b. Helping prolongs good moods.
  c. Good moods make us pay more attention to the possible rewards for helping.
  d. Good moods increase how much attention we pay to ourselves, which makes us more likely to act according to our values.

Question 2

Meghan lives in a single room in a college dormitory. Late one night, she hears a scream coming from just outside her dorm. She is pretty sure that the person needs help because the person yelled,

Help me I think I broke my leg Meghan goes back to sleep, only to find out the next day that the person was on the ground for 45 minutes before someone helped. Which of the following best explains why Meghan didn't help?
  a. informational influence
  b. a diffusion of responsibility
  c. she didn't interpret it as an emergency
  d. pluralistic ignorance

Toya9913

Answer to Question 1

Answer: C

Answer to Question 2

Answer: B