This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for a patient with syphilis. Which manifestation indicates that the syphilis has ... (Read 54 times)

waynest

The nurse is caring for a patient with syphilis. Which manifestation indicates that the syphilis has progressed to the secondary stage?

a. Foul-smelling penile discharge
  b. Positive serology
  c. Purulent skin rash
  d. Scrotal swelling

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a patient who is scheduled to undergo a computed tomography (CT) scan with contrast within the hour. Which statement requires the nurse's immediate attention?

a. I forgot that I was not supposed to eat anything.
  b. I left my potassium supplements off of my home medication list.
  c. Did I tell you that I cannot eat lobster?
  d. I take my daily blood pressure medica-tion at night.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nekcihc358

Answer to Question 1

B
A positive serology will appear in the secondary stage of syphilis. Penile discharge is not asso-ciated with the secondary stage of syphilis. A generalized skin rash, not purulent, may be seen in the secondary stage of syphilis. Scrotal swelling is not associated with syphilis.

Answer to Question 2

C
Before administering tests that involve contrast media, the nurse must ask about allergies to iodine or shellfish. An allergy to either of these may indicate that an individual is hypersensitive to contrast media.

waynest

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Excellent

patma1981

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The Food and Drug Administration has approved Risperdal, an adult antipsychotic drug, for the symptomatic treatment of irritability in children and adolescents with autism. The approval is the first for the use of a drug to treat behaviors associated with autism in children. These behaviors are included under the general heading of irritability and include aggression, deliberate self-injury, and temper tantrums.

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms of a drug overdose include losing consciousness, fever or sweating, breathing problems, abnormal pulse, and changes in skin color.

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions cause a higher risk of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library