This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for a patient with syphilis. Which manifestation indicates that the syphilis has ... (Read 55 times)

waynest

The nurse is caring for a patient with syphilis. Which manifestation indicates that the syphilis has progressed to the secondary stage?

a. Foul-smelling penile discharge
  b. Positive serology
  c. Purulent skin rash
  d. Scrotal swelling

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a patient who is scheduled to undergo a computed tomography (CT) scan with contrast within the hour. Which statement requires the nurse's immediate attention?

a. I forgot that I was not supposed to eat anything.
  b. I left my potassium supplements off of my home medication list.
  c. Did I tell you that I cannot eat lobster?
  d. I take my daily blood pressure medica-tion at night.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nekcihc358

Answer to Question 1

B
A positive serology will appear in the secondary stage of syphilis. Penile discharge is not asso-ciated with the secondary stage of syphilis. A generalized skin rash, not purulent, may be seen in the secondary stage of syphilis. Scrotal swelling is not associated with syphilis.

Answer to Question 2

C
Before administering tests that involve contrast media, the nurse must ask about allergies to iodine or shellfish. An allergy to either of these may indicate that an individual is hypersensitive to contrast media.

waynest

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

cici

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates’s recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

Did you know?

The types of cancer that alpha interferons are used to treat include hairy cell leukemia, melanoma, follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma.

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library