This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for a patient who underwent endovenous laser treatment. Which statement ... (Read 24 times)

shenderson6

The nurse is caring for a patient who underwent endovenous laser treatment. Which statement indicates that the nurse's teaching about postprocedure management has been successful?

a. I should wear compression stockings for 5 days.
  b. I should walk at least an hour every day for 2 weeks.
  c. I should massaging the legs to stimulate circulation.
  d. I should notify my doctor if my foot is warm to the touch.

Question 2

The nurse is educating a speaking to a group of junior high girls about reproductive health. Which information is most important to include?

a. Breasts may be tender in the middle of the cycle.
  b. Girls ages 12 or older who have not had a period should see a doctor.
  c. Irregular or missed periods are nothing to worry about.
  d. A normal period may last up to 2 weeks.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bfulkerson77

Answer to Question 1

B
Endovenous occlusion using laser is done by placing a catheter within the vein under duplex ul-trasound guidance. A laser heats the vessel, causing it to collapse and close off. Patients ambulate immediately after the procedure for 30 to 60 minutes and 1 to 2 hours per day for 1 to 2 weeks. The patient should wear compression stockings for 1 to 2 weeks. The patient should not massage the legs or notify the doctor of warm feet (a normal finding).

Answer to Question 2

A
Hormonal changes during the midportion of the cycle may increase breast tenderness. The onset of the menstrual cycle completes puberty and usually occurs between ages 9 and 17 . During the first year following menarche, the menstrual cycle may be somewhat irregular, but by the second year a regular cycle of approximately 28 days is normally established. Irregular periods may be a benign finding, but late or absent periods could also be a cause for concern (including a potential sign of pregnancy). Menstrual bleeding occurs about 14 days after ovulation and lasts between 2 and 8 days.

shenderson6

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

mammy1697

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Most strokes are caused when blood clots move to a blood vessel in the brain and block blood flow to that area. Thrombolytic therapy can be used to dissolve the clot quickly. If given within 3 hours of the first stroke symptoms, this therapy can help limit stroke damage and disability.

Did you know?

The highest suicide rate in the United States is among people ages 65 years and older. Almost 15% of people in this age group commit suicide every year.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library