This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for a patient who underwent endovenous laser treatment. Which statement ... (Read 25 times)

shenderson6

The nurse is caring for a patient who underwent endovenous laser treatment. Which statement indicates that the nurse's teaching about postprocedure management has been successful?

a. I should wear compression stockings for 5 days.
  b. I should walk at least an hour every day for 2 weeks.
  c. I should massaging the legs to stimulate circulation.
  d. I should notify my doctor if my foot is warm to the touch.

Question 2

The nurse is educating a speaking to a group of junior high girls about reproductive health. Which information is most important to include?

a. Breasts may be tender in the middle of the cycle.
  b. Girls ages 12 or older who have not had a period should see a doctor.
  c. Irregular or missed periods are nothing to worry about.
  d. A normal period may last up to 2 weeks.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bfulkerson77

Answer to Question 1

B
Endovenous occlusion using laser is done by placing a catheter within the vein under duplex ul-trasound guidance. A laser heats the vessel, causing it to collapse and close off. Patients ambulate immediately after the procedure for 30 to 60 minutes and 1 to 2 hours per day for 1 to 2 weeks. The patient should wear compression stockings for 1 to 2 weeks. The patient should not massage the legs or notify the doctor of warm feet (a normal finding).

Answer to Question 2

A
Hormonal changes during the midportion of the cycle may increase breast tenderness. The onset of the menstrual cycle completes puberty and usually occurs between ages 9 and 17 . During the first year following menarche, the menstrual cycle may be somewhat irregular, but by the second year a regular cycle of approximately 28 days is normally established. Irregular periods may be a benign finding, but late or absent periods could also be a cause for concern (including a potential sign of pregnancy). Menstrual bleeding occurs about 14 days after ovulation and lasts between 2 and 8 days.

shenderson6

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
:D TYSM

kthug

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

The shortest mature adult human of whom there is independent evidence was Gul Mohammed in India. In 1990, he was measured in New Delhi and stood 22.5 inches tall.

Did you know?

Immunoglobulin injections may give short-term protection against, or reduce severity of certain diseases. They help people who have an inherited problem making their own antibodies, or those who are having certain types of cancer treatments.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library