This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is providing discharge teaching for a patient who underwent a laparoscopic ... (Read 78 times)

crobinson2013

The nurse is providing discharge teaching for a patient who underwent a laparoscopic cholecys-tectomy. Which statement indicates that the nurse's teaching has been successful?

a. I should call my doctor if I have any pain.
  b. I should be able to go back to work to-morrow.
  c. I should avoid fatty foods for a few weeks.
  d. I should let these Steri-Strips fall off on their own.

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a patient who presents to the emergency department with severe nausea and vomiting with stomach pain that radiates to his right scapula. The patient has a temperature of 101.2 F.

The nurse anticipates that this patient will undergo workup for which problem?
  a. Cholecystitis
  b. Hepatitis
  c. Pancreatitis
  d. Gastroenteritis

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

fur

Answer to Question 1

You are a life saver.

Answer to Question 2

Boom Correct answer

crobinson2013

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Wow, this really help

essyface1

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

Did you know?

More than 50% of American adults have oral herpes, which is commonly known as "cold sores" or "fever blisters." The herpes virus can be active on the skin surface without showing any signs or causing any symptoms.

Did you know?

There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in every adult human.

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library