This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is providing discharge teaching for a patient who underwent a laparoscopic ... (Read 79 times)

crobinson2013

The nurse is providing discharge teaching for a patient who underwent a laparoscopic cholecys-tectomy. Which statement indicates that the nurse's teaching has been successful?

a. I should call my doctor if I have any pain.
  b. I should be able to go back to work to-morrow.
  c. I should avoid fatty foods for a few weeks.
  d. I should let these Steri-Strips fall off on their own.

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a patient who presents to the emergency department with severe nausea and vomiting with stomach pain that radiates to his right scapula. The patient has a temperature of 101.2 F.

The nurse anticipates that this patient will undergo workup for which problem?
  a. Cholecystitis
  b. Hepatitis
  c. Pancreatitis
  d. Gastroenteritis

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

fur

Answer to Question 1

You are a life saver.

Answer to Question 2

Boom Correct answer

crobinson2013

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

apple

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library