This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient tells the nurse, I get these tremendous stomach pains in the middle of the night, but they ... (Read 42 times)

anjilletteb

A patient tells the nurse, I get these tremendous stomach pains in the middle of the night, but they disappear after I eat something. No wonder I can't lose any weight The nurse suspects that the patient is experiencing which health problem?

1. peptic ulcer disease
  2. gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
  3. acute gastritis
  4. chronic gastritis

Question 2

A patient with chronic gastritis says, I've stopped taking the medication because I feel so much better now that I drink ginger tea. The nurse realizes that this patient:

1. is using a complementary therapy for the symptoms.
  2. is in denial of the disease.
  3. cannot afford the medication.
  4. needs to see the doctor immediately.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

joshraies

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1
Pain is the classic symptom of peptic ulcer disease. The pain is typically described as gnawing, burning, aching, or hungerlike; it is experienced in the epigastric region and sometimes radiates to the back. The pain occurs when the stomach is empty (2 to 3 hours after meals and in the middle of the night) and is relieved by eating in a classic pain-food-relief pattern. This classic pattern is not typical of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), acute gastritis, or chronic gastritis.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1
Complementary therapies such as herbal remedies or aromatherapy may be appropriate to recommend for patients with gastritis. Recommendations may include ginger in the form of powder, capsules, or tea taken before or after meals. This action does not indicate denial or inability to pay for the medication. The physician should be made aware of the fact that the patient is not taking the prescribed medication; however, it is not an immediate concern.

anjilletteb

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Wow, this really help

JaynaD87

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

In 1835 it was discovered that a disease of silkworms known as muscardine could be transferred from one silkworm to another, and was caused by a fungus.

Did you know?

Common abbreviations that cause medication errors include U (unit), mg (milligram), QD (every day), SC (subcutaneous), TIW (three times per week), D/C (discharge or discontinue), HS (at bedtime or "hours of sleep"), cc (cubic centimeters), and AU (each ear).

Did you know?

As the western states of America were settled, pioneers often had to drink rancid water from ponds and other sources. This often resulted in chronic diarrhea, causing many cases of dehydration and death that could have been avoided if clean water had been available.

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library