This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse provides discharge teaching to a client with laryngitis. Which client statement indicates ... (Read 38 times)

justinmsk

The nurse provides discharge teaching to a client with laryngitis. Which client statement indicates an understanding of the instruction?

1. I should massage my throat to stimulate the vocal cords.
  2. I can speak as much as I want as long as it is not painful.
  3. I can whisper but not speak in a regular voice.
  4. I should rest my voice by not speaking.

Question 2

A client recovering from laryngectomy and radical neck dissection has a nursing diagnosis of Impaired Verbal Communication. Which intervention should be included in the care plan?

1. Provide uninterrupted time for the client to attempt communication with the nurse and health care team.
  2. Teach the client to read lips.
  3. Instruct the client to speak softly when talking.
  4. Provide the client with a pen and paper for writing.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mfedorka

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 4

1. Massaging would not help.
2. Speaking aggravates and prolongs the inflammation of laryngitis.
3. Whispering strains the vocal cords.
4. Vocal cord rest is needed for healing.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 4

The client will be unable to speak until alternate methods of speech are established.
2. The client will be unable to speak until alternate methods of speech are established.
3. The client will be unable to speak until alternate methods of speech are established.
4. Pen and paper provides the client with an easy and immediate means of communication.

justinmsk

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

JaynaD87

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library