This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse has completed discharge teaching for a client with an anxiety disorder. Which client ... (Read 61 times)

maegan_martin

The nurse has completed discharge teaching for a client with an anxiety disorder. Which client statement indicates that client teaching about respiratory alkalosis has been effective?

A) I will see my counselor on a regular basis.
  B) I will breather faster when I am feeling anxious.
  C) I will eat more bananas at breakfast.
  D) I will not take antacids when I have heartburn.

Question 2

The nurse is preparing care for a client recovering from surgery for colorectal cancer. Which interventions should the nurse use when creating a pain management plan for this client?

Select all that apply.
  A) Provide pain medication upon request.
  B) Assess surgical site for inflammation.
  C) Assess bowel sounds.
  D) Administer pain medication after painful procedures.
  E) Instruct to use a pillow to splint when deep breathing and coughing.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

CourtneyCNorton

Answer to Question 1

Answer: A

The client understands that reducing anxiety can reduce hyperventilation and respiratory alkalosis. Seeing a counselor can help the client develop alternative strategies for dealing with anxiety. Eating bananas is more appropriate for the client at risk for metabolic alkalosis who is on diuretics. Breathing faster will increase hyperventilation. Taking too many antacids is associated with metabolic alkalosis.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: B, C, E

Pain level should be routinely assessed and pain medication should be provided based upon the assessment and not only when the client requests medication for pain. The surgical site should be routinely assessed for inflammation as a potential source of pain. Bowel sounds should be assessed, as a paralytic ileus could cause an increase in pain. Pain medication should be provided before painful procedures. The client should be instructed to use a pillow to splint the incision when deep breathing and coughing.

maegan_martin

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

31809pancho

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library