This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A dying client began having periods of absence of breathing alternating with noisy, rattling ... (Read 46 times)

dbose

A dying client began having periods of absence of breathing alternating with noisy, rattling respirations. The nurse should document that the client is experiencing:

1. Cheyne-Stokes respirations.
  2. Apnea.
  3. Dyspnea.
  4. Orthopnea.

Question 2

The daughters of a deceased client asked the nurse if they could wash their mother's body and dress her. The nurse's response should be:

1. Let me know how I can help you, I really liked your mother.
  2. Yes, but please hurry, because the mortuary is coming to pick up the body.
  3. I will get you a basin, towels, and a fresh gown.
  4. I'm sorry, but that is my job.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

gstein359

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 1

1. Cheyne-Stokes respirations are characterized by alternating noisy respirations with absence of respirations.
2. Apnea is an absence of respirations.
3. Dyspnea involves labored breathing.
4. Orthopnea is difficulty breathing when lying flat.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 3

1. Allowing the family to assist with postmortem care provides them the opportunity to begin grieving and yet still play a role in caring for their loved one.
2. The family should not be urged to hurry.
3. Allowing the family to assist with postmortem care provides them the opportunity to begin grieving and yet still play a role in caring for their loved one.
4. The family should be permitted to perform postmortem care.

dbose

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

phuda

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

Did you know?

Multiple sclerosis is a condition wherein the body's nervous system is weakened by an autoimmune reaction that attacks the myelin sheaths of neurons.

Did you know?

Colchicine is a highly poisonous alkaloid originally extracted from a type of saffron plant that is used mainly to treat gout.

Did you know?

As the western states of America were settled, pioneers often had to drink rancid water from ponds and other sources. This often resulted in chronic diarrhea, causing many cases of dehydration and death that could have been avoided if clean water had been available.

Did you know?

Automated pill dispensing systems have alarms to alert patients when the correct dosing time has arrived. Most systems work with many varieties of medications, so patients who are taking a variety of drugs can still be in control of their dose regimen.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library