This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A dying client began having periods of absence of breathing alternating with noisy, rattling ... (Read 45 times)

dbose

A dying client began having periods of absence of breathing alternating with noisy, rattling respirations. The nurse should document that the client is experiencing:

1. Cheyne-Stokes respirations.
  2. Apnea.
  3. Dyspnea.
  4. Orthopnea.

Question 2

The daughters of a deceased client asked the nurse if they could wash their mother's body and dress her. The nurse's response should be:

1. Let me know how I can help you, I really liked your mother.
  2. Yes, but please hurry, because the mortuary is coming to pick up the body.
  3. I will get you a basin, towels, and a fresh gown.
  4. I'm sorry, but that is my job.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

gstein359

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 1

1. Cheyne-Stokes respirations are characterized by alternating noisy respirations with absence of respirations.
2. Apnea is an absence of respirations.
3. Dyspnea involves labored breathing.
4. Orthopnea is difficulty breathing when lying flat.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 3

1. Allowing the family to assist with postmortem care provides them the opportunity to begin grieving and yet still play a role in caring for their loved one.
2. The family should not be urged to hurry.
3. Allowing the family to assist with postmortem care provides them the opportunity to begin grieving and yet still play a role in caring for their loved one.
4. The family should be permitted to perform postmortem care.

dbose

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Perkypinki

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

Stroke kills people from all ethnic backgrounds, but the people at highest risk for fatal strokes are: black men, black women, Asian men, white men, and white women.

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

Did you know?

Russia has the highest death rate from cardiovascular disease followed by the Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, and Poland.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library