This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A dying client began having periods of absence of breathing alternating with noisy, rattling ... (Read 47 times)

dbose

A dying client began having periods of absence of breathing alternating with noisy, rattling respirations. The nurse should document that the client is experiencing:

1. Cheyne-Stokes respirations.
  2. Apnea.
  3. Dyspnea.
  4. Orthopnea.

Question 2

The daughters of a deceased client asked the nurse if they could wash their mother's body and dress her. The nurse's response should be:

1. Let me know how I can help you, I really liked your mother.
  2. Yes, but please hurry, because the mortuary is coming to pick up the body.
  3. I will get you a basin, towels, and a fresh gown.
  4. I'm sorry, but that is my job.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

gstein359

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 1

1. Cheyne-Stokes respirations are characterized by alternating noisy respirations with absence of respirations.
2. Apnea is an absence of respirations.
3. Dyspnea involves labored breathing.
4. Orthopnea is difficulty breathing when lying flat.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 3

1. Allowing the family to assist with postmortem care provides them the opportunity to begin grieving and yet still play a role in caring for their loved one.
2. The family should not be urged to hurry.
3. Allowing the family to assist with postmortem care provides them the opportunity to begin grieving and yet still play a role in caring for their loved one.
4. The family should be permitted to perform postmortem care.

dbose

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

duy1981999

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The FDA recognizes 118 routes of administration.

Did you know?

Pregnant women usually experience a heightened sense of smell beginning late in the first trimester. Some experts call this the body's way of protecting a pregnant woman from foods that are unsafe for the fetus.

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

Asthma occurs in one in 11 children and in one in 12 adults. African Americans and Latinos have a higher risk for developing asthma than other groups.

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library