This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The novice nurse working in an inner-city hospital that serves a diverse client population states I ... (Read 45 times)

abarnes

The novice nurse working in an inner-city hospital that serves a diverse client population states I want to learn everything possible about all of the clients. Which response by the seasoned nurse is appropriate?

A) I will give you a great book that describes all of the critical factors.
  B) You should always be nonjudgmental.
  C) This will come with time as you get to know clients and then encounter problems.
  D) You need to first understand who you are.

Question 2

Which treatment program would be most appropriate for homeless clients whose type 1 diabetes requires daily insulin injections?

A) Home health care
  B) Outpatient clinic
  C) Partial hospitalization programs
  D) Inpatient hospital-based care

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

amcvicar

Answer to Question 1

Answer: D

It is a priority for the nurse to develop an awareness of his or her own perceptions, prejudices, and stereotypes regarding the client populations that are served. Reading about culture and remaining nonjudgmental are strategies that can be incorporated after engaging in a self-awareness inventory. Although experience working with diverse clients will help, it will be more meaningful after engaging in a self-awareness inventory.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: B

The outpatient clinic would provide the care the client requires in the most cost-effective manner. There is no indication for inpatient or partial hospitalization at this time. Because the client is homeless, home health care would not be the best option in this situation.

abarnes

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Excellent

amcvicar

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

Did you know?

Hypertension is a silent killer because it is deadly and has no significant early symptoms. The danger from hypertension is the extra load on the heart, which can lead to hypertensive heart disease and kidney damage. This occurs without any major symptoms until the high blood pressure becomes extreme. Regular blood pressure checks are an important method of catching hypertension before it can kill you.

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

Cocaine was isolated in 1860 and first used as a local anesthetic in 1884. Its first clinical use was by Sigmund Freud to wean a patient from morphine addiction. The fictional character Sherlock Holmes was supposed to be addicted to cocaine by injection.

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library