This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A middle-age adult client states to the nurse I do want to have liver spots like my parents did as ... (Read 74 times)

humphriesbr@me.com

A middle-age adult client states to the nurse I do want to have liver spots like my parents did as they got older. Which instruction by the nurse is appropriate?

A) Spend at least 15 minutes each day in the sun.
  B) Increase the intake of calcium.
  C) Increase the intake of dietary fat.
  D) Avoid the sun or use a sunscreen to reduce skin damage.

Question 2

A client has superficial burns on the hand from boiling water. What can the nurse suggest that the client use to help with the healing of these burns?

A) Chamomile
  B) Vitamin C
  C) Evening primrose oil
  D) Aloe vera gel

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jordangronback

Answer to Question 1

Answer: D

Small areas of hyperpigmentation, or liver spots, occur as an age-related skin change because of hyperplasia of melanocytes in sun-exposed areas. The nurse should instruct the client to avoid the sun or use a sunscreen to reduce skin damage. The nurse should not instruct the client to spend at least 15 minutes each day in the sun to avoid skin damage. The intake of dietary fat or calcium will not affect the development of liver spots.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: D

The nurse should provide information on home remedies that could help in the healing of the client's burns. Aloe vera gel is useful to treat superficial burns. Evening primrose oil is helpful with atopic eczema. Chamomile is helpful with skin inflammation. Vitamin C is not recommended to help with the healing of burns.

humphriesbr@me.com

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Excellent

at

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

People who have myopia, or nearsightedness, are not able to see objects at a distance but only up close. It occurs when the cornea is either curved too steeply, the eye is too long, or both. This condition is progressive and worsens with time. More than 100 million people in the United States are nearsighted, but only 20% of those are born with the condition. Diet, eye exercise, drug therapy, and corrective lenses can all help manage nearsightedness.

Did you know?

The most common childhood diseases include croup, chickenpox, ear infections, flu, pneumonia, ringworm, respiratory syncytial virus, scabies, head lice, and asthma.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library