This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is teaching a client with chronic kidney disease (CKD) about the sodium restriction needed ... (Read 26 times)

asd123

The nurse is teaching a client with chronic kidney disease (CKD) about the sodium restriction needed in the diet to prevent edema and hypertension. Which statement by the client indicates more teaching is needed?

a. I am thrilled that I can continue to eat fast food.
  b. I will cut out bacon with my eggs every morning.
  c. My cooking style will change by not adding salt.
  d. I will probably lose weight by cutting out potato chips.

Question 2

The nurse is taking the vital signs of a client after hemodialysis. Blood pressure is 110/58 mm Hg, pulse 66 beats/min, and temperature is 99.8  F (37.6  C). What is the most appropriate action by the nurse?

a. Administer fluid to increase blood pressure.
  b. Check the white blood cell count.
  c. Monitor the client's temperature.
  d. Connect the client to an electrocardiographi c (ECG) monitor.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

flannelavenger

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Fast food restaurants usually serve food that is high in sodium. This statement indicates that more teaching needs to occur. The other statements show a correct understanding of the teaching.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
During hemodialysis, the dialysate is warmed to increase diffusion and prevent hypothermia. The client's temperature could reflect the temperature of the dialysate. There is no indication to check the white blood cell count or connect the client to an ECG monitor. The other vital signs are within normal limits.

asd123

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

ultraflyy23

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

To combat osteoporosis, changes in lifestyle and diet are recommended. At-risk patients should include 1,200 to 1,500 mg of calcium daily either via dietary means or with supplements.

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

Did you know?

Though Candida and Aspergillus species are the most common fungal pathogens causing invasive fungal disease in the immunocompromised, infections due to previously uncommon hyaline and dematiaceous filamentous fungi are occurring more often today. Rare fungal infections, once accurately diagnosed, may require surgical debridement, immunotherapy, and newer antifungals used singly or in combination with older antifungals, on a case-by-case basis.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library