This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client with a history of prostate cancer is in the clinic and reports new onset of severe low back ... (Read 35 times)

future617RT

A client with a history of prostate cancer is in the clinic and reports new onset of severe low back pain. What action by the nurse is most important?

a. Assess the client's gait and balance.
  b. Ask the client about the ease of urine flow.
  c. Document the report completely.
  d. Inquire about the client's job risks.

Question 2

The nurse has taught a client with cancer ways to prevent infection. What statement by the client indicates that more teaching is needed?

a. I should take my temperature daily and when I don't feel well.
  b. I will wash my toothbrush in the dishwasher once a week.
  c. I won't let anyone share any of my personal items or dishes.
  d. It's alright for me to keep my pets and change the litter box.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Briannahope

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
This client has manifestations of spinal cord compression, which can be seen with prostate cancer. This may affect both gait and balance and urinary function. For client safety, assessing gait and balance is the priority. Documentation should be complete. The client may or may not have occupational risks for low back pain, but with his history of prostate cancer, this should not be where the nurse starts investigating.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Clients should wash their hands after touching their pets and should not empty or scoop the cat litter box. The other statements are appropriate for self-management.

future617RT

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

xthemafja

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

Did you know?

The tallest man ever known was Robert Wadlow, an American, who reached the height of 8 feet 11 inches. He died at age 26 years from an infection caused by the immense weight of his body (491 pounds) and the stress on his leg bones and muscles.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library