This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse has taught a client about dietary changes that can reduce the chances of developing cancer. ... (Read 27 times)

charchew

A nurse has taught a client about dietary changes that can reduce the chances of developing cancer. What statement by the client indicates the nurse needs to provide additional teaching?

a. Foods high in vitamin A and vitamin C are important.
  b. I'll have to cut down on the amount of bacon I eat.
  c. I'm so glad I don't have to give up my juicy steaks.
  d. Vegetables, fruit, and high-fiber grains are important.

Question 2

A nurse is assessing a client with glioblastoma. What assessment is most important?

a. Abdominal palpation
  b. Abdominal percussion
  c. Lung auscultation
  d. Neurologic examination

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jrpg123456

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
To decrease the risk of developing cancer, one should cut down on the consumption of red meats and animal fat. The other statements are correct.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
A glioblastoma arises in the brain. The most important assessment for this client is the neurologic examination.

Did you know?

When blood is deoxygenated and flowing back to the heart through the veins, it is dark reddish-blue in color. Blood in the arteries that is oxygenated and flowing out to the body is bright red. Whereas arterial blood comes out in spurts, venous blood flows.

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

Signs of depression include feeling sad most of the time for 2 weeks or longer; loss of interest in things normally enjoyed; lack of energy; sleep and appetite disturbances; weight changes; feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness; an inability to make decisions; and thoughts of death and suicide.

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library