This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The pediatric nurse is teaching a young mother prodromal signs of communicable diseases at an ... (Read 26 times)

silviawilliams41

The pediatric nurse is teaching a young mother prodromal signs of communicable diseases at an in-home visit. The nurse knows that the mother understands the prodromal signs and symptoms when she states:

1. I will watch for coryza and vomiting to begin..
   2. I will need to watch for cough, coryza, and fevers..
   3. I will need to watch for a change in behavior and a low-grade fever..
   4. I will watch for a rash, fever, and vomiting..

Question 2

Pain management in babies and children has been found in studies to do which of the following? Select all that apply.

a. to be unnecessary
  b. to promote wound healing
  c. to decrease hospital stays
  d. to cause children to be predisposed to drug addiction

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jordin Calloway

Answer to Question 1

Feedback
1. Vomiting is not part of the prodromal signs.
2. Cough, coryza, and fevers are prodromal signs.
3. A low-grade fever is not a prodromal sign.
4. A rash and vomiting are not seen as prodromal signs.

Answer to Question 2

B, C

Feedback
Correct Timely and effective pain management has been identified as promoting wound healing.
Timely and effective pain management has been identified as decreasing the length of the hospital stay.
Incorrect Pain management has been identified as necessary for the pediatric client.
Pain management is not associated with predisposing the child to drug addiction.

silviawilliams41

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

bitingbit

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

GI conditions that will keep you out of the U.S. armed services include ulcers, varices, fistulas, esophagitis, gastritis, congenital abnormalities, inflammatory bowel disease, enteritis, colitis, proctitis, duodenal diverticula, malabsorption syndromes, hepatitis, cirrhosis, cysts, abscesses, pancreatitis, polyps, certain hemorrhoids, splenomegaly, hernias, recent abdominal surgery, GI bypass or stomach stapling, and artificial GI openings.

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates’s recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

Did you know?

There are more nerve cells in one human brain than there are stars in the Milky Way.

Did you know?

Approximately 500,000 babies are born each year in the United States to teenage mothers.

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library