This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The pediatric nurse is teaching a young mother prodromal signs of communicable diseases at an ... (Read 27 times)

silviawilliams41

The pediatric nurse is teaching a young mother prodromal signs of communicable diseases at an in-home visit. The nurse knows that the mother understands the prodromal signs and symptoms when she states:

1. I will watch for coryza and vomiting to begin..
   2. I will need to watch for cough, coryza, and fevers..
   3. I will need to watch for a change in behavior and a low-grade fever..
   4. I will watch for a rash, fever, and vomiting..

Question 2

Pain management in babies and children has been found in studies to do which of the following? Select all that apply.

a. to be unnecessary
  b. to promote wound healing
  c. to decrease hospital stays
  d. to cause children to be predisposed to drug addiction

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jordin Calloway

Answer to Question 1

Feedback
1. Vomiting is not part of the prodromal signs.
2. Cough, coryza, and fevers are prodromal signs.
3. A low-grade fever is not a prodromal sign.
4. A rash and vomiting are not seen as prodromal signs.

Answer to Question 2

B, C

Feedback
Correct Timely and effective pain management has been identified as promoting wound healing.
Timely and effective pain management has been identified as decreasing the length of the hospital stay.
Incorrect Pain management has been identified as necessary for the pediatric client.
Pain management is not associated with predisposing the child to drug addiction.

silviawilliams41

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

diana chang

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

To maintain good kidney function, you should drink at least 3 quarts of water daily. Water dilutes urine and helps prevent concentrations of salts and minerals that can lead to kidney stone formation. Chronic dehydration is a major contributor to the development of kidney stones.

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

Did you know?

Everyone has one nostril that is larger than the other.

Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

Did you know?

As the western states of America were settled, pioneers often had to drink rancid water from ponds and other sources. This often resulted in chronic diarrhea, causing many cases of dehydration and death that could have been avoided if clean water had been available.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library